Intern in Mechatronics (6 months)
Starting date: Early 2019
For this internship you will join the group that develop our next generation of inspection UAV. You will be involved in the miniaturization of sensors and parts of drones. Your job will include testing and design of mechatronic parts and element.
During this Internship you will join the Mechanical team and have access to our fully furnished workshops.
What you will own:
- Design of testing bench for current and heat measurement.
- Characterization of sensors and onboarded computers
- Miniaturization of the housing and actuator of onboarded sensor.
We require a Bachelor degree in Mechatronics, Micro-Engineering, or equivalent. We look for autonomous, self-motivated and curious individuals who are not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast, with experience in some of these fields:
- Good knowledge in thermodynamics and heat transfer. Experience in heatsink design an asset.
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge about robotics actuators such as servomotors, gimbal motors, encoders…
- Practical experience with Arduino or similar systems for data acquisition and control of robotics actuators
- Proficient in English, French Is an asset
- Proficient in CAD design (you will use Solidworks).
- Autonomous but with very good communication skills
- Hands on with a scientific mindset