Intern in Robotics (6 months)
Flexible start 2018 - 2019
For this internship, you will join the life of the startup as a full team member and work on projects in line with your interests and competences. Your mission will be to make Flyability’s future drones autonomous indoors and in complex environments.
During your time within our team, you will work closely with our sensing and control engineers on exciting research and applied projects. You will be designing, coding and testing the high-level algorithms driving robotics of drones in difficult conditions. You will have access to our latest prototypes, various powerful sensors or processors, and to a test room equipped with a motion tracking system.
- Experience in implementing advanced algorithms on hardware, such as computer vision, localization (SLAM, particle filters, etc), sensor fusion (Kalman filtering, etc), or control (model-based, etc)
- Good mathematical and algorithmic background
- Strong command of C++
- Experience with ROS an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play
- Good level of English. French or any additional language an asset
- Hands-on, pragmatic and prototype-minded
- Previous drone experience is a plus