Starting date: As soon as possible
If you have experience in hardware development, if you are ready to get out of your comfort zone, to be challenged, and solve difficult problems, then we would like to hear from you!
In this position, you will join us in redefining UAV boundaries and bring drones indoors, in complex and confined spaces, and in contact with people. Together we will shape the future of the drone market through innovation and commercialisation of novel products improving how people work, play and communicate.
For this full-time and permanent position in the beautiful town of Lausanne (Switzerland), your role will be to participate in the hardware development of Flyability’s current and future UAVs and accessories.
We require bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 2 years industrial experience. You should be an autonomous, self-motivated and curious individual with a passion for drones, who is not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast. You should have experience in all of the following:
- Full electronic development lifecycle, from concept to industrialisation
- Schematic capture and multilayer (8+ layers) PCB layout experience in Altium
- Design and development of high speed digital circuitry
- Design and development of analogue circuitry for video
- Obtaining the best possible performance from MEMs sensors
- Researching and selecting components, circuitry and topologies for projects
- Communication standards such as USB, SPI, I2C, CAN and DShot
- Soldering and prototyping of ideas
- Standard lab equipment
- Bringing up PCBAs and fault finding when thing don’t work
- Microcontrollers and specifically ARM-Cortex-M MCUs
- Circuit simulation using tools such as SIMetrix/Spice etc
- Designing with signal integrity, reliability, robustness and EMC in mind
- BLDC motor controllers
- Test bench development
- Knowledge of C
- Interfacing with suppliers and with our firmware, software and mechanical teams.
In addition to your passion for high tech products and your motivation to work in a challenging and innovative environment, you can be represented by the following traits:
- Passion for unmanned autonomous mobile robotics!
- Team player, willing to collaborate with multicultural people from various horizons
- Problem-solving mindset, hands-on, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation
- Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- At least two years industrial experience
- Fluent in English; French would be an asset but not essential